Connect with us

Breaking

Toll rises to 142 in Kanpur train derailment

Published

on

kanpur-train

New Delhi, 21 Nov 2016 : The death toll in one of the worst rail accidents in the country that took place on Sunday when the Indore-Patna Express rolled off the tracks near Kanpur, rose to 142 on Monday, officials said.

“The death toll has risen to 142 and 59 people are still admitted in the hospital,” UP Police Inspector General Zaki Ahmed told.

Over 150 people were injured in the tragedy when 14 coaches of the train ran off the rails near Pukhrayan station, about 60 km from Kanpur city.

Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Sunday night visited the hospitals where the injured were being treated.

“High-level orders are being given to probe the accident,” Prabhu said, adding the Railway Ministry has collaborated with the Uttar Pradesh government to provide all necessary help.

Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha was also there at the accident site.

kanpur-train-accident

He ordered officials to increase the pace of relief operations and better treatment to the injured.

“Strict actions will be taken against those responsible for the disaster,” Sinha added.

While the cause of the derailment is yet to be ascertained, Sinha had earlier said that the accident could have been caused due to rail fracture.

The worst hit were the sleeper coaches S1, S2, S3 and S4.

This was the worst train accident in the country after the May 2010 disaster in West Bengal involving Gyaneshwari Express in which some 170 people were killed.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking

SAD breaks alliance with BJP Leaves NDA in protest against farmers ordinance

Published

on

By

Chandigarh, 26 Sep : The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) has severed its alliance with the BJP. The Akali Dal had a 22-year-old alliance with the BJP.

The decision was taken after a meeting of the Akali Dal’s Kaur Committee which lasted for more than four hours today. Mr. Sukhbir Singh Badal addressed the press after the meeting and announced that he would no longer be a part of BJP-NDA.

Continue Reading

Breaking

Bigg boss 13: Siddharth Shukla won, Asim first runnerup

Published

on

Continue Reading

Breaking

Delhi court convicts 19 persons in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur shelter home case

Published

on

New Delhi, 20 Jan : The Saket court in Delhi on Monday convicted 19 accused, including high-profile Brajesh Thakur, in connection with the alleged sexual and physical assaults on girl inmates at a shelter home in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur district.

Continue Reading

Trending Live

Advertisement

Latest Post

Big News

Advertisement

Sports

Advertisement

Entertainment

Trending